“My productivity has increased ten fold. When I come across a barrier now it doesn’t derail me completely anymore.”— Sonja C. (artist), Abu Dhabi, UAE
“Our conversation last week has given me renewed purpose, focus and direction.”
— Yvonne S. (nurse), San Francisco, CA
“I could not have imagined how quickly I would see results from working with you!”
— Artemis H. (writer), Cambridge, MA
“You picked up critical clues from our discussions and pointed me back to my positive and motivated path.”
— Scott B. (programmer), Maui, HI
Every season I take on a limited number of new coaching clients. They’re typically ambitious, focused individuals who want to make the fastest possible progress on one or more of these goals:
- Get more work done each day;
- Finish writing and other projects;
- Work more effectively;
- Have more to show for their efforts;
- Reclaim the joy and attachment they previously felt toward their work; and/or
- Achieve a happier, healthier, more joyful life balance.
I also help people:
- Find new jobs;
- Transition to new careers; and/or
- Start or grow businesses (esp. writing, arts, wellness, coaching, and consulting).
A few points about my coaching:
It’s fast! Nearly all clients see improvement after just a single session, and nearly all achieve strong, sustainable improvement after just a month of working together.
It offers a tremendous return-on-investment (ROI). If I work with you for an hour and help you gain just an extra hour of productivity per week, that’s a huge return in just the first year! But my coaching doesn’t just add an hour or two to your input: it can double or triple it, or multiply it even more. (And the rate of improvement tends to accelerate over time.)
Of course, along with higher productivity comes increased pride and joy in your work; decreased stress; a happier, healthier life; and happier and more harmonious relationships with family and friends.
Please check out my coaching packages below. I coach only via telephone or Skype-audio, on a flexible schedule that allows me to work with people from around the world. All coaching is prepaid via PayPal or check, and nonrefundable; and all coaching hours are valid for up to one year after date of purchase.
Note: I offer discounted rates for qualifying full-time students, and those doing at least half-time pro bono activist work. If you think you qualify, please email me.
All new coaching clients receive a free e-copy of my book The 7 Secrets of the Prolific, which they are advised to review prior to our first talk. (If you already own the book, you can give the e-copy to someone else.)
If you’re familiar with my writing, you probably already have an idea of what kind of coach I am. I’m compassionate, yet direct, focused, and precise. I aim for quick progress. I don’t beat around the bush, but tell you what I think you’re doing right (usually more than you realize), what I think you’re doing wrong (usually less), and how others may be influencing your situation. I do best with clients who like a nuts-and-bolts, plain-spoken, pragmatic, problem-solving-oriented approach. If that describes you, then purchase a Needs Analysis/Action Plan package below and we’ll get started.
1. Needs Analysis/Action Planning package
All coaching begins with a four-step Needs Analysis/Action Planning package:
- You send me a 1-2 page informal narrative outlining your situation, goals, and challenges, plus your resume or c.v. if you wish, plus some additional materials I will suggest. I will thoroughly review these prior to Step #2.
- We have a 90-minute conversation via telephone or Skype (audio only) during which we discuss the issues you raise in your narrative. The focus of the conversation will be on revealing the exact nature and proper context of the challenges you face (including productivity and time management challenges), and designing solutions for them.
- I follow up within 72 hours with a highly detailed Preliminary Action Plan that summarizes the major points we discussed and provides detailed solutions.
- You have 72 hours to offer comments or questions on the Preliminary Action Plan. I will address those and send you the Final Action Plan. At that point you are free to work on the steps in the Action Plan, or sign up for more coaching (see below).
Fee: $375, payable via check or PayPal.
Needs Analysis / Action Planning Process:
2. Hourly Packages
If you wish to continue beyond the Needs Analysis/Action Planning Process, you may book time on an hourly basis. My hourly rate is $145/hour or $675 for a discounted 5-hour block, payable in advance via check or PayPal. I try to be very flexible so you get the most value for your investment: we can schedule calls as frequently or infrequently as you wish, and for whatever call duration you wish. (Minimum call time: 15 minutes.) Sample engagements include:
- To help you maintain ongoing productivity: weekly, biweekly, monthly, bimonthly, or seasonal calls of 30 mins or an hour.
- To help you meet an imminent deadline: daily or several-times-a-week calls of 15 mins to 1 hour.
- To get advice about a particular situation: a single one- or two-hour discussion. (Two is preferred because it allows us to really delve into issues, and also allows for a useful follow-up.)
- Or, whatever schedule works for you!
- Evening and weekend times available.
As noted above, all coaching is prepaid via PayPal or check, and nonrefundable. Coaching hours are usable for one year after purchase. I offer discounted rates for qualifying full-time students and those doing pro bono activism at least 20 hours/week. Email me if you think you qualify.