How I Work
Below are just some of the things I will do to help ensure that my presentation for you will be a success:
Ahead of Time
- Interview you (the meeting organizer) on your goals for the talk and the needs of the audience.
- With your permission, interview up to three audience members or other interested parties of your choosing on their goals and needs for the presentation.
- Create a customized presentation with fresh, interesting insights and anecdotes that will speak to the specific needs and situation of your audience.
- Promptly provide all needed information, such as a bio and head shot.
- Confirm all arrangements.
The Week Before
- Re-confirm all arrangements.
- If desired, review presentation and handout(s).
On the Day of the Event
- Arrive early.
- Deliver an excellent, high-energy, thought-provoking presentation.
- Encourage audience questions and participation.
- Provide a genuinely useful handout customized with your meeting's information.
- Never turn my presentation into a sales pitch.
- Only offer mailing list signups and products for sale with your prior approval.
- Finish within my allotted time.
- Stay around for private conversations with audience members.
Following the Event
- Be available to audience members who contact me with questions or comments.
- Send a follow-up email to all audience members (only with your prior approval).
- Welcome your feedback on my work.
- Promptly submit invoices and receipts.
- Go the extra mile.
- Be as easy as possible to work with.
- Communicate lavishly, and be easy to reach.
- Be forthcoming and truthful.
- Follow up and follow through.
Want more details, or have an event you're planning? Email me.